I made several ‘new’ pillows over the holiday week. A simple red stripe ticking pillow cover/insert and recycled grain sacks with tie closures [for ease of laundering].
While I was feeling patriotic, I also made a few red/white/blue banners.
I cut the pennants from an inexpensive cotton red striped dish towel! I folded over a seam [and machine stitched] to run my cotton cord through. I used bits of blue calico cotton fabric for the stars. I simply made a star paper pattern that I liked and traced it onto the blue fabric. [You could also block print/stamp a star motif.]
Since I didn’t want to spend hours hand-stitching all the stars to the pennant, I used a few dabs of fabric glue to make quick work out of my patriotic banner(s). There’s always room for one more…
woohoo…and there you have it!